Thursday 31 May 2012

Fun Field Day!

So today was Track and Field Day at my school. What a great day! I think it's awesome when people are soooo thankful for me to switch groups I was supposed to supervise. Maybe I'm wrong but isn't part of teaching being flexible and adaptable? 
If I'm teaching a lesson and I can see (through my formative assessment of course) that my students aren't picking up what I'm putting down.....or discovering what I would like them to find.....I change it up! So it wasn't that big of a deal for me to change groups and have a blast! 

Ice Cream Debacle

On a lighter note for the day. I had a student ask me last week if his dad could bring ice cream in for his birthday because his birthday is in the summer and he never gets to celebrate it at school. Of course, I obliged. Yesterday he asked me if it was ok if his dad brought the ice cream around 3:00 on the Fun Field Day. Of course! My thinking was, we'll just be getting back to the classroom, it's the end of the day....PERFECT! Well....in the middle of the relays, with the entire school hanging around, my student's parents roll in with three, ten liter buckets of ice cream and 100 cones. Well...there was about 200 students out watching the relays. We had students coming from all over asking for ice cream and they ran out....so the parents....not wanting to disappoint start scooping it into hands! Yep....kids not getting ice cream....kids with ice cream in their hands....DEBACLE! Good thing there's a PD today and the kids are off for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment